Here are some wedding day tips that will help you make the most of your day and remember it for years to come!
- Tip # 1: Take a Step Back – All of my brides have said their wedding day went by fast. As a bride not too long ago myself, I can attest that it’s true, the day is over before you know it! Remember to take a step back, take a deep breath and enjoy each moment as it happens.
- Tip #2: Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff – Inevitably something unplanned will happen. The beauty of your wedding is that none of your guests know what should be happening, only you and your fiancé do (and your coordinator!). So, when something does go wrong, just remain cool, chances are none of your guests will notice!
- Tip #3: Nourish Yourself – While it seems like common sense, in the excitement of the day, many brides forget to eat and stay hydrated on their wedding day. This leaves them feeling sick mid-way through the reception. While you’re getting your hair done make sure you’re sipping a bottle of water. Snack on a granola bar, almonds or other protein filled snack before putting on your dress. Ask your bridesmaids to make sure you’re alternating your beverages with water throughout the reception. A hydrated bride is a glowing bride!
- Tip #4: Change Your Shoes – I guarantee you that even the most comfortable pair of wedges or flats will start hurting after hour number six. I always encourage my brides, especially those that love dancing, to have a second pair of shoes that they can change into part-way through the reception. Some brides opt for slippers or even to go barefoot, whatever will leave your feet feeling refreshed and allow you to enjoy your day.
- Tip #5: Steal a Moment with Your New Spouse – This is your first day together as a married couple! Make sure you have some time to enjoy it, just the two of you. Even though your day will be captured on film it’s important to reflect on it together in the moment. Both of you will have noticed different details or experienced different emotions that are not only nice to reflect on and share with each other, but will help you remember what made your day special for years to come!